Thank you for your interest in writing a guest post for flowercarole.com. We are always looking to increase our team of guest writers and would love to hear from you if you can write on any subject within the lifestyle niche.
The main topics we cover are:
Please take a few minutes to read through the rest of this page. Doing so will help you understand what we need from you and what you can expect from us.
We are usually quite relaxed when it comes to the subject matter of guest posts – we like allowing our writers to write about the subjects they are passionate about. However, we do not publish content or link to sites in certain niches, such as drugs, porn or gambling (the full list is further down the page).
Guest Posting Guidelines
We accept guest posts that cover a range of styles: straight forward 400+ word posts, lists (9 delicious eats for a healthy heart and 5 ways to achieve gorgeous hair are good examples), photo stories/instructions (toddlers love baking too) and long, detailed posts are great too.
If you can produce content like this, then we definitely want to hear from you.
All posts must be original and not published online anywhere else.
Easily scannable pages work best on the internet. People want to quickly find what they are looking for so they can get on with life.
Your best friends are:
- Attention grabbing headlines
- Great photography/images
- Short paragraphs
- Bullet points
- Bold text for emphasis (but not too much)
Categories, Tags and Meta Description
- You can add your post to a maximum of three categories
- You can add as many tags as you like. We recommend using two or three words tags as they are more descriptive. We will probably delete one word tags as they are too generic.
- Complete the meta description box for search engines
The internet is all about links, and yes, we allow links within the body of each post as long as they benefit the user experience. You can link to your own content, but please also link to other relevant pages on the internet.
More about links:
- We may add more links to your posts if we feel they improve the user experience
- We do not specify a maximum number of links, but please don’t include too many
- Please do not include regional identifiers in anchor text if out of context with the post
If you use Google’s image search to find images to use in your guest posts, you are probably infringing somebody’s copyright. For this reason, we don’t automatically allow authors to upload images. In fact, the ability to do it is disabled on all accounts. However, if you own your own images or have permission to use them, we can modify your account so you can upload images (just ask).
We recommend using Flickr for images, but only those published with a Creative Commons license that permit commercial use (here are instructions on how to find images from Flickr and add them to your post).
If we are concerned about copyright infringement, we will probably remove your image and find an alternative.
All users must complete the author bio and display it at the bottom of their posts. You can include up to three sentences and two links within the bio. Additionally, we recommend linking to your Google+ profile so you can claim authorship of your content.
A gravatar is a globally recognized avatar. If you are a blogger or use social media you will probably already have one. Using it on your account gives your posts more kudos. If you don’t have a gravatar, get one from here.
Accounts and Adding Content
To help us stay on top of our workload and prevent backlogs, we create an account for you so you can compose and prepare your guest post for publication. When the post is ready, hit the ‘Submit for Review’ button and let us take it from there.
If there are any problems, we will get in touch with you and ask you to fix them. When we are happy with the post, we will publish it.
We will let you know when your post is live.
Guest Post Lifespan
Your posts stay online for at least 9 months after which time we may delete them. We do this if the post has a high bounce rate, Google hasn’t indexed it or nobody reads it.
What ca you do to stop this happening? Here are some ideas:
- Produce great evergreen content that is really useful
- Create content that people want to share
- Link to your content from your own sites
- Share it through your social media channels
- Rewrite it if it goes out of date
- Claim authorship of the post through Google
Income for flowercarole.com is generated through advertising and the promotion of affiliate products. Advertising appears on almost every page, but we don’t overly promote affiliate products. However, you should be aware that we may link to an affiliate product from a page containing your article.
Work With Us
If you have read this far then you must still be interested in working with us. Great! Please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
If you have any questions please contact us.
PLEASE NOTE: We cannot include posts about or link to site about:
- Pornography, adult or mature content
- Payday loan sites
- Violent content
- Content related to racial intolerance or advocacy against any individual, group or organisation
- Excessive profanity
- Hacking/cracking content
- Gambling or casino-related content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
- Sales of beer or hard alcohol
- Sales of tobacco or tobacco-related products (including e-cigarettes)
- Sales of prescription drugs
- Sales of weapons or ammunition (e.g. firearms, firearm components, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Sales of products that are replicas or imitations of designer or other goods
- Sales or distribution of coursework or student essays
- Content regarding programs which compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others
Write for Us/Submit a Guest Post
Good to see you have made it this far! All you have to now is complete this form to make contact with us: